The 5 Best Pointers for Great Area Rug Maintenance – Prescott AZ
Okay, let’s see a show of hands for how many people REALLY know just how much T.L.C. their area rugs require. Regular maintenance, along with regular, thorough, professional cleaning both work to help preserve your beloved area rugs for years and years. Ruthie with Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care here and you might be surprised by how many people DON’T realize how much T.L.C. goes into proper care for rugs!
You would NEVER let your car go years and years without proper maintenance, would you?
Letting your vehicle go years and years without care, regular tune-ups, and any repairs that pop up means that you would have to eventually have to spend a lot of money to repair your car or replace it entirely. Either way, both are way more expensive than just taking care of your car!
It’s not uncommon for area rugs to be overlooked when it comes to our in-home maintenance. They need just as much T.L.C. as our cars, though! Living life on the floor is harsh for a rug and they really take quite a beating from the dry soil that builds up on them over time. Between walking on them, wiping our feet on them, and even the occasional animal accident – rugs collect a lot of soil.
These 5 pointers will make sure you’re keeping up with good area rug maintenance:
- Vacuum regularly! This helps to remove the abrasive dry soil that our rugs pick up daily. Dry soil grinds away at delicate wool and silk fibers if it is allowed to build up, which can do some serious damage to your rugs.
- Prevent permanent staining by blotting up spots and spills as quickly as possible. Using a white towel or paper towels to gently dab up the spill, work from the outside of the spill toward the center. This helps to prevent the spill from spreading and becoming a bigger stain!
- Have Arizona Oriental professionally clean your area rug at least every 2 years. Regular vacuuming and spot cleaning as needed is great, but you can’t replace a deep clean! If your rug sees more traffic in an active home, it should be professionally cleaned more often.
- If animal urine accidents happen, address them as quickly as possible. When left unaddressed, acidic animal urine will cause dry rot to your rug’s fibers. This causes foundation fibers to weaken and splits and holes will eventually form in your rug. If your animals are having a lot of accidents on your rug, it should be professionally cleaned more often.
- Don’t leave repairs unattended! Damages to your rug’s fringes or side cords should be taken care of as quickly as possible to prevent them from unravelling more. Damage will worsen over time, which leads to much more extensive (and expensive) repairs.
Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care is here to help with ALL of our clients’ area rug maintenance needs. If you have questions, give us a call today! It’s never a bad time to begin having good area rug maintenance!
Till next time, enjoy your beautiful art for your floor and remember a clean rug is a rug that can last you a lifetime!
Arizona Oriental & Specialty Rug Care serves Prescott, Prescott Valley, Sedona, and much of the Northern Arizona areas. We meet the highest standards in professional cleaning of area rugs with rug wash specialists having earned the highest training which includes certification as WOOLSAFE FIBRE CARE SPECIALISTS through the WOOLSAFE ORGANISATION. Such extraordinary certification ensures the area rugs of our client’s receive the utmost in care.
Give us a call today for more information on proper area rug maintenance and quotes for cleaning or repairs at 928-445-1718, visit our website at www.ArizonaOriental.com, or stop by Monday through Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm at our rug washing facility at 565 EZ Street, Prescott, AZ 86301 (pick-up and delivery also available). (06-01-17)